Added PHP 7.4 support
A new version was released on November 28 PHP 7.4... Our customers have the opportunity to be the first to evaluate the benefits of the new version, since we have already added its support on shared and business hosting. In this release, the PHP developers, already typical of the PHP 7 branch, have focused on improving performance and added support for new language constructs that make the code more readable and easier to maintain. Some features of the language have been declared deprecated, so it is better to check the work of the site with the new version on a test copy.
Among the innovations for developers, meet:
- Added arrow functions (more concise form of writing closures)
- Improved typing support (type can now be set for class properties; added support for parameter and return value covariance)
- Added operator of assignment of value or NULL (shorter form of expression like "if the left parameter does not exist or is null, assign it the value of the right parameter")
- Added unpacking operator (...) for arrays
- Weak references (references to objects that do not interfere with their destruction)
- And many more small changes and improvements
Popular CMSs are actively pursuing compatibility with PHP 7.4. For example, Wordpress announced support for the new version starting with the 5.3 release, which came out in early November. The Joomla developers in version 3.9 have also been actively involved in PHP 7.4 compatibility, and in recent releases have made significant progress on this issue.
Only registered users can leave comments