Added PHP 8 support
Major improvements and innovations in the new version:
- Union Types (type unions) - allows you to explicitly specify two or more valid value types.
- Named Arguments (named arguments) - passing values by name to a function.
- Match Expressions (selection operator match) is a more convenient replacement for switch in some aspects.
- Attributes (attributes) is a new way to bind metadata to classes.
- Constructor Property Promotion (shorthand syntax for combining class and constructor properties) - syntactic sugar to simplify the initialization of class fields in the constructor.
- Nullsafe Operator (safe null operator) - allows you to bypass separate conditional checks for null when calling method chaining.
- Weak Maps (link maps) - a special data structure for storing values with object keys.
- Just In Time Compilation (JIT compilation) - allows you to get a noticeable performance gain when performing operations for which processor performance is of primary importance, such as complex mathematical operations.
You can enable PHP 8 on hosting in PHP settings... We recommend that you first make sure that the site code is compatible with the new version.
Only registered users can leave comments